The Mules use Facebook as well as 3Mules.com website to share our way of life that we’ve been living for the past 30 years. We exercise the freedom to live outside and move freely in all directions, north, south, east and west, one step at a time all day every day as our ancestors have done along with the Grizzly Bear, Wolf, Elk, Deer, Lion, Salmon – long time companions that humans have lived with on earth for thousands of years.
Over the years, we have seen this freedom under attack, with the Megatropolis expanding its borders into open space due to overpopulation, diminishing Earth’s natural resources. Freedom has been reduced with laws and municipal codes created that prevent freedom of travel by foot on public roads and that disallow sleepings outdoors in public space to rest for the night, such as California Penal Code 647(e). Our way of life is threatened with daily challenges. Our way of life represents freedom, which belongs to everybody.
The Natural World that human beings must have to be and remain human is vanishing rapidly. Give your faith, hope and energy to this place at which time you connect to it and receive the magic and endless possibility of infinity. Contact your city, state and nation’s officials to seek balance with earth and its Natural World, and to create an interstate trail system connecting cities and towns for people traveling by foot, bicycle, horse and mule with places to stop and rest outdoors.
Click on each link below to read details of the citations (and court appearances) that we have received while we were either walking on a public thoroughfare or resting for the night after walking all day.
• Torrey Pines State Reserve– Cited 11/28/2012. Charges dismissed 11/22/2013.
• Hwy 101/Gilroy– Cited and arrested 8/31/2013. Charges dismissed 9/12/2013.
• Trabuco Canyon – Cleveland National Forest– Cited 4/25/2014. Charges dismissed 6/1/2014.
• San Luis Obispo– Cited 5/29/2014. Charges dismissed 1/27/2015.
• Thousand Oaks– Cited 11/12/2014. Trial 11/20/2014. Charges reduced to infraction. Fines waived.
• San Clemente– Cited 1/22/2015. Fine paid. Appeal requested and denied.
• Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area – Cited 5/9/2014, Trial 11/6/2014. Appeal to 9th District Court of Appeals denied.
• Ventura– Cited 3/16/2015. Charges dismissed 6/15/2015.
•Bakersfield – details to be posted soon
•Ceres – citation received. July court date listed on citation. No charges filed to date.